In 2014, Stevens Sausage made the switch to environmentally or eco-friendly propane tanks on all of our delivery trucks and branded sales/support vehicles. *Propane is not only clean and environmentally friendly in its unused state, it produces exhaust emissions that exceed the requirements for clean fuel vehicles and surpass eco-friendly expectations in all aspects. Watch our video on switching to propane fuel here.
More about propane as a fuel source:
- Propane is not considered a greenhouse gas.
- Propane is not damaging to freshwater or saltwater ecosystems, underwater plant or marine life.
- Propane is not harmful to soil if spilled on the ground. Propane will not cause harm to drinking water supplies.
- Propane vapor will not cause air pollution. Propane vapor is not considered air pollution.
- Propane vapor is not harmful if accidentally inhaled by birds, animals or people.
- Propane will only cause bodily harm if liquid propane comes in contact with skin (boiling point -44°F).